Thursday, January 05, 2006

Happy New Year and Junk

Well, I celebrated my 15th wedding anniversary on the first. I can't believe it's been 15 years, but I have to admit that it's been a great 15 years. J is wonderful support for me emotionally and is, if there is such a thing, my soul mate (in other words, he's the right guy for me).

Happy New Years to all!

Mel has been a bit of a handful, but really is a wonderful dog. He has chewed up my shoes, our carpet, and my latest library book.

I am now the not-so-proud owner of Tyrannosaur Canyon by Douglas Preston. It was a good read and I find that I like Preston's stuff better than Crichton's - which is actually easy to do because Crichton's stuff has become fiction against science. The last Crichton novel I read was the one warning about nanotechnology. I don't know. I really didn't enjoy it. I still haven't read his latest one about airplanes.

I liked TC because it took a character from The Codex - my favorite one, in fact - Tom Broadbent and Sally Colorado (yes, I know, isn't that an awful name!). I also now have a new character I'd like to see in future books - Wynan Ford, the former CIA guy who turned into a monk initiate who turned into a consultant for hire. He's a compelling character with lots of potential.

Okay, okay. I know this is absolute trash, but I love to read. It's far better than reading romance novels - ugh. I HATE those.

No comments: